- super easy installation and basic setup of minikube and kubectl, at least on OSX
- –driver=hyperkit is so damn fast, i was really surprised by it
- k8s templates are super easy to read/write, especially if u have vsc extention for k8s
- services as an abstract way to expose apps as a network service
- kubectl is super easy to use
- great, detailed and really straightforward documentation.
- there are some great addons, like registry-creds that i used for pulling images from ECR
- huge community
minikube dashboardgives a cool dashboard with overview of your cluster
- minikube doesn’t have direct access to docker images on your machine - u need to build them inside minikube so it can see/use them
- needs a lot of resources
- mostly used for test/dev environments cause you are running single node k8s
- try different ways to spin up k8s like k3s, kind, microk8s
- checkout k8s visualization tools
- try to use it for running tests vs pods with newman, cypress. maybe some kind of pipeline?